Valentine's Day Surprise Goes Bad
Valentine’s Day Surprise Goes Bad...
Feeling all lovey-dovey, as this is a season of love, my husband who seldom concerns himself with the kitchen affairs decided to make me breakfast. It was to be a sumptuous yamaritta and fried eggs. Unfortunately, it almost ended in a burnt down house.
So I heard my name loudly as I was preparing for work and I knew instantly there was trouble. I ran to meet him in the kitchen, already panicked.
The frying pan was ablaze. Red hot flame fuelling out. Apparently he had let the oil get too hot.
You see why male children should be allowed to enter the kitchen more often.
I knew what I had to do. So I got a lid to cover the pan and turned off the cooker. The fire stopped immediately.
I wondered what would have happened if I had left the house earlier.
"What would you have done?", I asked
"I was going to throw it out the window", he said smiling mischievously.
"What! You would have set the entire compound on fire".
All I could say was thank you Jesus that I was delayed. I could not imagine what would have happened if I was not there and he threw out the pan of fire or didn't throw it.
Val’s day wasn’t ruined eventually. I came back home to a box of chocolate pizza, bottle of red wine and customised card from my darling husband.